Join us to assemble and hand out care packages to the homeless. First we’ll meet at 10:00 a.m. in the courtyard of the Central Library in Downtown San Diego to put together the packages and then we’ll walk around downtown/East Village to pass them out.
- Date: Saturday, August 26, 2017
- Time: 10:00 AM
- Location: Central Library (courtyard outside main entrance)
333 Park Boulevard (Downtown in East Village between Park and 11th), San Diego, CA
Please arrive with some items to add to the care packages (see below for a list), or you can bring 2-3 care packages already assembled. Maybe even host a donation collection at your work before the event so we have plenty of items to give out.
If you can’t make it, but are interested in donating any personal hygiene items for the care packages, check out our Amazon Wish List! The items will be delivered directly to us, so no need for drop off! Here’s the link: http://a.co/fxbAiAz
If you have a wagon or something that would make transporting some of the goods easier on our walk, please bring it. Otherwise we’ll all just have to carry them. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen.
ITEMS NEEDED FOR CARE PACKAGES:
- Tooth brush & tooth paste
- Bar of soap
- Soft non-perishable food (like Nutrigrain Bars, apple sauce, canned beans/soups with a pop top lid)
- Body wipes
- Travel size shampoo (hotel shampoos work great)
- Bottled water
- Feminine products such as tampons or maxi pads
- Flip Flops
- Shaving Cream
The Central Library has an underground parking garage located at 330 Park Blvd., San Diego, CA 92101. The following parking rates are currently in effect:
- First two (2) hours free with validation for library users. Validation is available in the first floor lobby.
- $1.25 for each 20 minutes or part of 20 minutes
- $21 All Day Maximum
- Cash and credit card payments are accepted
If you have any questions, please reach out.
Thanks everyone and see you there!